The rise of the new worldwide Nationalism and Britain’s Brexit vote come at “the most dangerous time in the history of the human race,” according to the physicist Stephen Hawking.
The Cambridge professor warns the political shift shows the majority of people on Earth are sick of the status quo and felt they had been “abandoned by their (ruling) leaders.”
- “It was, everyone seems to agree, the moment when the forgotten spoke, finding their voices to reject the advice and guidance of experts and the elite everywhere.
- “For me, the really concerning aspect of this is that now, more than at any time in our history, our species needs to work together,” he added.
- “Together, they are a reminder that we are at the most dangerous moment in the development of humanity.
- “We can do this [overcome the challenges], I am an enormous optimist for my species; but it will require the elites, from London to Harvard, from Cambridge to Hollywood, to learn the lessons of the past year. To learn above all a measure of humanity.”
- “Perhaps in a few hundred years, we will have established human colonies amid the stars, but right now we only have one planet, and we need to work together to protect it.”