Have you ever looked at a picture and were unable to understand what was going on in it? Some pictures, when taken at the right time and place, can capture indescribable moments that baffle our minds. Some examples of these moments include:
Some examples of these moments include:
- UFO sightings,
- Ghost appearances.
Some pictures can really mess with our heads, leaving us questioning our existence and the mysteries that are out there.
Here are 20 real photos that cannot be explained:
1. This photo was taken sometime in the 1990’s. This lady had just moved into a nursing home and her family wanted to take a picture of her before they left. The family claims that no one else was there with them the day this photo was taken. When it was developed, though, they noticed a man hovering behind the woman. She later claimed that the mystery man was her diseased husband who had passed away 13 years earlier.
2. During the American Civil War in 1864, a group of American soldiers claimed that they had shot and captured an unnamed creature. Pictured here, the creature almost looks like some sort of flying reptile.
3. Many people label this photo as a hoax, but it is still interesting. In this family photo, a figure can be seen hanging upside down from the roof. Some people have claimed that the person hanging from the ceiling is a spirit of the previous owner of the house.
4. In 1907, a group of 9 fishermen claimed to have caught a Cadborosaurus, a mythical sea serpent believed to inhabit the Pacific Coast of North America. The Cadborosaurus, also called Caddy, has supposedly been spotted in Alaska and even Southern California. Scientists have not been able to determine what type of creature is pictured in this photo.
5. This is a picture of the “Solway Firth Spaceman.” Taken in 1964, this photo shows a man standing directly behind a little girl. Jim Templeton took this photo of his daughter and claims that no one was there with them that day.
6. The Falcon Lake Incident occurred on May 20, 1967. Stefan Michalak was on vacation in Whiteshell Provincial Park when he noticed two objects that were shaped like cigars coming towards him. Michalak said he heard voices coming from inside the objects. He also claimed to have received burns from the objects when he attempted to touch them.
7. This photo was taken in the early 1940’s, but one man in particular seems to stand out. The man in question is the tall figure wearing sunglasses, a t-shirt and a knitted sweater. People claim that this photo is proof of time travel because of how “out-of-time” the young man seems to be.
8. This photo is peculiar because it is a photo of a woman walking by with her hand to her ear, almost as if she is talking on a cell phone. The photo was taken in 1928 at a film opening for Charlie Chaplin. Weird.
9. In this photo, taken in 1938, a woman walks with her friends. She is holding something which looks exactly like a cell phone up to her ear.
10. In this photo, Chinese archaeologists hold up a watch which has the time 10:06 frozen on it. The archaeologists had opened a tomb that was sealed for over 400 years. Sources say that the word “Swiss” was engraved on the back of the watch. Conspiracy theorists believe it may have been a time traveler who accidentally left it behind. I’m sure we can all agree that a marketing or advertising campaign was likely the culprit.
11. In 1959, a woman was visiting her mother’s grave with her husband. She snapped a photo of her husband sitting in the car. Later, when they developed the picture, a strange figure was seen sitting in the back seat. Supposedly, the woman claimed that the mysterious figure was her dead mother.
12. In this photo a group of World War I soldiers are taking a picture together. One of the men that appears in the photo, named Freddy Jackson, does not belong there. He had died only days earlier, and soldiers claimed that it was his ghost in the picture. In fact, Freddy’s funeral took place the very morning this photo was taken.
13. This photo of a woman on the day of the JFK assassination in 1963 has raised suspicions for years. The lady, called the Babushka Lady, is seen pictured in several photos at the JFK assassination. While others run for cover, she can be seen snapping pictures with her own camera. The Babushka Lady was even recorded on film and seen in many photographs taken on the day of the assassination. Investigators were never able to find her identity.
14. Norway’s Hessdalen Valley is infamous for its bright lights which appear in photos taken at the location. Scientists have studied the phenomenon for years, but are still unable to find the reason for why the lights appear in this valley.
15. This photo was taken in 1964 by a couple who spotted an odd creature swimming in a lagoon. The strange creature looked like a gigantic tadpole and was estimated to be roughly 80 feet long.
16. This photo, taken in 1924, supposedly shows the faces of two sailors who were killed and buried at sea. The faces pictured in the waves are said to be the faces of the men who died.
17. In 1960, a dark and mysterious object was discovered floating in the earth’s orbit. Scientists could not decipher what the mysterious object was. Since then, several other similar objects have appeared in our orbit before vanishing altogether.
18. This photo was taken by Apollo 17 on its flight to the moon. The picture was initially too light due to exposure, but when the lighting in the picture was adjusted, a pyramid-like structure could be seen in the background.
19. This photo of a man standing on the edge of the Grand Canyon was taken between the 1970’s and 1980’s. Behind him lurks an eerie figure, staring directly at the camera. The man and his friends claim that they had been in that spot for over fifteen minutes, and had never noticed the man there.
20. In this photo, a group of friends take a picture while on a hike. After looking through the pictures, the hikers noticed a strange, dark shadow hovering in the background. The hikers claim that there was no one else around that day, and the identity of the figure still remains unknown to this day.
21. In this photo, a man holding a knife-like object creeps behind a door. The family that was staying at the cabin says that, at the time the picture was taken, only two people were in the cabin. They never found out if it was an optical illusion, or if it really was a crazed man with a knife.
22. In 1963, a reverend took a picture of an altar at a church in North Yorkshire, England. Upon developing the picture, he noticed a strange, demonic figure lurking on the altar. The reverend was sure that the figure was a Franciscan monk with a demonic face, although this has never been confirmed.
23. In 1976, a police officer was investigating the Amityville home in New York where a murder had occurred. Upon taking photos at the crime scene, the officers did not see anything suspicious. When the photos were later developed, one of the pictures showed a little boy standing in a doorway with white eyes. It is believed that the boy is a ghost of one of the children murdered in the home.
24. On March 13, 1997, the Phoenix lights were sighted in the skies in Arizona, Nevada and some parts of Mexico. The formation of the lights was extremely mysterious, and many believe that it was a UFO sighting.
25. In 2000, a woman mailed photographs of an ape to her county sheriff’s office. She said that the ape had taken apples from the porch in her backyard. Big Foot theorists have renamed this strange creature, calling it the Skunk Ape.
26. This photo was taken during a fire. The photographer who took this picture later developed the film and saw a girl peering at him from the mouth of the flames.
27. At first glance, this looks like a regular photo of 4 boys having fun. Upon closer inspection, you can see an extra thumb behind the head of one of the boys. The thumb does not align with any of the other boys. The person who posted the photo online cannot explain where the thumb came from.
28. This photo was published in the Los Angeles Times in 1942. Conspiracy theorists say that it is evidence of a UFO.